Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
We're seeking an experiencedGeneral Managerto join our team. As our new General Manager you will:
- Hire, supervise, mentor and evaluate department managers (Fitness, Group Exercise, Membership Sales, Customer Service, Aquatics).
- Develop your site as a Center of Excellence, with multiple Subject Matter Experts, where other regional sites will send their staff for training.
- Foster and manage quality relationships with client and site members.
- Drive, track and report on key metrics regularly.
- Complete P/L influence and control.
- Support managers and membership by responding to emergent program and member requests, staff needs, scheduling and acting as marketing liaison for all fitness, wellness, aquatics, and membership recruitment/retention programs and strategies.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer responsiveness to both inside and outside constituents.
- Understand and be committed to the mission and vision of the Center. Be knowledgeable about the Center, its programs, services, and offerings. Be an advocate for the Center, its programs and team.
- Interact with client management on a daily/weekly basis to enhance communications and build a positive client/vendor relationship.
- Develop department budgetsand strategic business plan, and monitor for progress monthly as a part of client monthly operations updates as measured against annual goals for all departments.
Support other EXOS sites and projects as a Subject Matter Expert as needed.
- Minimum of 7 years of General Manager Experience within the fitness industry, including overseeing Membership and Aquatics.
- Bachelor s Degree in fitness or business-related fields.
- Demonstrated success in increasing programming participation in both for profit and not for profit environments.
- Scheduling flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to support programming.
- Successful track record managing sales, personal/small group training, operations, group programming and customer service.
- Excellent communication-both written and oral, leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to anticipate, manage, and solve operational issues on a regular, and daily, basis.
- Highly skilled in Google Docs, Excel, as well as proven ability to work with different CRM systems (i.e., CSI, Spectrum).
- Outgoing personality.
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at :
Attention : People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Loading some great jobs for you...