The New York County District Attorney''s Office (DANY) has multiple openings for Discovery Analysts in its Litigation Support Unit (LSU). LSU helps DANY keep up with the pace of change occurring in discovery and related technology. LSU plays a crucial role in managing the growing volume of digital evidence coming to DANY. LSU has principal responsibility for: providing expert courtroom testimony, processing digital evidence, reviewing digital evidence for privilege (via the Privilege Review Unit), assisting case teams in their response to discovery requests, and managing body worn camera videos. In this position, the Discovery Analyst serves as a centralized resource for the tracking of electronic evidence and will work directly with other members of the LSU team, including Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) to execute tasks related to data tracking and production of discovery materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with lead ADA and eDiscovery ADA regarding production of discovery.
- Identify production requirements.
- Assist with smooth and efficient production of documents and non-document file types, including redacting, Bates stamping, converting, and watermarking.
- Receive and conduct preliminary review of incoming production.
- Implement final Quality Assurance procedures that match the results of the processing against expectations, including identifying and explaining exceptions.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding data volumes and locations.
- Consult with team members regarding ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of applications in the environment.
- Perform related administrative and clerical tasks as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years'' experience in the eDiscovery industry with a law firm eDiscovery department, as a paralegal, or with an eDiscovery vendor.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel internal and external to DANY, including lawyers, law enforcement personnel, paralegals, managers, and technical support personnel.
- Highly skilled in standard computer operating systems and software (Adobe Acrobat, Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with strong ability to learn new software.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Superior organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivator, and able to manage multiple assignments.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Bachelor''s degree required; technology-related major preferred.
- Knowledge and skill set necessary for the following applications: Concordance, Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel.
- A one (1) year commitment to the hiring unit.
The New York County District Attorney''s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...